We meet on Wednesdays at 7:20 am at:
Don Fernando de Taos, 1005 Paseo del Pueblo Sur, Taos
Most meetings feature speakers from our community and around the state. Typically members and guests arrive at 7:20 a.m., and the program starts promptly at 7:30 a.m., ending at 8:30 a.m.
December 19, 2018: Town of Taos Councilor Pasqual Maestas:
Pascualito Maestas is a Taos High School graduate of the class of 2005. Following high school, he enlisted in the US Navy and reached the rank of Yeoman Petty Officer Third Class before an honorable discharge. He attended the University of South Florida where he received bachelor’s degrees in economics and international studies. After graduation, he returned home to Taos where he worked in the nonprofit sector at Rocky Mountain Youth Corps, DreamTree Project, and Taos Alive before teaching mathematics and economics at Taos High School.
In January of 2018, Pascual declared his candidacy for a seat on the Town of Taos Council and ran on a campaign to bring increased transparency to local government and diversify the local economy through agriculture, technology, and renewable energy. The voters responded, and he won a seat on the Council becoming the youngest-ever elected councilmember in the Town of Taos. In addition to representing the people of Taos, he is also the program director at Not Forgotten Outreach, a veterans’ non-profit organization headquartered in Taos using ecotherapy to support veteran transition to civilian life.
December 26, 2018: NO MEETING
January 2, 2018: Matthew Foster-Rocky Mountain Youth Corps
An example of a typical meeting sequence is as follows:
- 7:30 a.m., President’s welcome
- Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
- Recitation of the 4 Way Test
- Introduction of guests and visiting Rotarians.
- SPEAKER’S PROGRAM usually starts around 7:40 a.m.
- Speaker introduction.
- Speaker: 15 minutes plus 5 minutes Q and A from audience.
- President’s Announcements
- Member “Good News” and Announcements
- President’s concluding remarks/ticket drawing to benefit a service project
- Adjournment “Rotary has been served”