We meet on Wednesdays at 7:20 am at:
Most meetings feature speakers from our community and around the state. Typically members and guests arrive at 7:20 a.m., and the program starts promptly at 7:30 a.m., ending at 8:30 a.m.
February 14, 2018: Club assembly
February 21, 2018: David Norden, CEO Taos Ski Valley will update us on the next stage of development.
February 28, 2017: Lisa O'Brien-Taos Community Foundation will update us on the importance of the upcoming census.
March 7, 2018: Karina Armillo-Town of Taos Tourism Marketing Director will update us on their efforts.
March 14, 2018: Club Assembly
March 21, 2018: Alix Henry: Biotechture Planet Earth will update us on this exciting project.
March 28, 2018: Paul Sands: Taos Co. Chamber will update us on chamber activities.
April 11, 2018: Club Assembly
April 25, 2018: Reem Ghunaim, Executive Director, Rotarian Action Group for Peace will speak in advance of Rotary’s District Conference about the Peace mission with the goal to build mutual understanding on important issues for peace that revolves around compassion, empowers individuality, and embraces differences in a positive light.
An example of a typical meeting sequence is as follows:
- 7:30 a.m., President’s welcome
- Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
- Recitation of the 4 Way Test
- Introduction of guests and visiting Rotarians.
- SPEAKER’S PROGRAM usually starts around 7:40 a.m.
- Speaker introduction.
- Speaker: 15 minutes plus 5 minutes Q and A from audience.
- President’s Announcements
- Member “Good News” and Announcements
- President’s concluding remarks/ticket drawing to benefit a service project
- Adjournment “Rotary has been served”